Friday, October 24, 2008

A 1939 Techie's Vision

Last Friday we learned about the archives and saw some examples of what can be found in its stores. One particular image has stuck in my mind and I will explain after you see the following two pictures.


Okay now the novel thing about these two images is that the first was drawn about seventy years ago! I was just so perplexed.. wowed even, by the fact that someone could have dreamt up such a modern design.
This relates to our discussions in class because Georgia Tech is in the south, the first image was drawn by a Georgia Tech student, and for the entirety of the month or two that I have been here, all I have heard about is the calibur of the Georgia Tech student's mind.
Rumor has it that a tech student never gives up, finds unique and exquisite ways to do things, and are beyond innovative. For a student to dream up a concept so novel that it took 70 years for regular Joe's to make it is really proving all of those claims.

to be revised and edited.

No comments: