This is in response to Richard S. Halim's blog post.
In his post, Richard explained how Georgia Tech's "What's the good word?" chant has become Tech's identity. I must say that I both agree and disagree.
On one hand, I have to believe that there is a lot more to The Georgia Institute of Technology than our hatred for UGA. In fact, what's funny is I was actually talking to someone about how Tech is a little too centered on revenge- it's almost sad. Even at games where were not playing UGA, or when no one from UGA is around, we chant cruel things about them. What's more is that most of us here have friends there! I would hate to think that a large part of our identity is based on revenge, but as far as those things go it seems that we are.
From my experiences here I have decided that that is a small part of Tech and the bulk of our identity comes from other things like our professors, facilities, and remarkably intelligent students!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment